Garmin users are well aware of Garmin MapInstall application which is used to download firmware upgrades for free. Here this blog will teach users How To Install DVD Maps On Garmin Map Devices. Besides, one can reach us at Garmin Customer Number +1-888-593-4845 for strategies to related queries. The software on the other hand allows users to transfer maps installed on the device which is compatible with Garmin GPS unit. Base Camp on the other hand allow users to plan every outdoor activity for users, share their adventure experience with friends as well as organizing data. Users can also ask their related queries related to the installation procedure of maps via Map Install on Garmin devices. Below are steps to proceed with the matter, explained by expert technical team and is also easy for users to understand.
Steps to Install DVD Maps On Garmin Map Devices
These are steps explained to users depending on various devices:
Step 1: Apply these steps if you are a Windows user:
So, if you want to install the Maps on a memory card or even in the Garmin device, simply follow below steps:
- At first, just connect to the “Garmin unit” with the “Computer system”.
- The next step is to run the “MapInstall software” as advised by Garmin Customer Service +1-888-593-4845 team
- Now, make a selection either of “SD card” or just tap the “device” icon.
- Users will be prompted with a green signal only when their device has sufficient space to accommodate all compatible map products. Here, the MapInstall will either come up with “Continue” or “Customize” option when all of you installed map products on the PC has completely fit up on their selected device.
- If anyone is selecting the “Continue” option then, all of the maps will get transferred to the device simply.
Related Blog: How to Delete Gmail Account Permanently From Phone ?
- In case, users are choosing the option named as “Customize only individual maps”then, they can send them to the device. Moreover, for each of this map, users can simply select smaller segments by clicking the “Advanced/Partial Install” icon.
- When trying to load the map into an older Garmin unit or even if it is done via a memory card reader on an SD card then, the MapInstall will offer users only one option named as a “Continue” icon
- Click on the “Continue” option which is further followed by the “Install” option.
- Now, just click the ‘Install’ icon and wait for the procedure to let it complete successfully.
- Users are advised to disconnect the device when the Map has finished its installation that was in process.
Step 2: Now the second one is for Mac OS X users:
Before beginning with this process, users need to ensure that their Mac is not at all set to “go to sleep mode” when the display is “off”. This is done to avoid getting the installation process aborted.
- At first, go to the “menu bar” and then, choose the “Apple” option.
- Now, users are recommended to select the System Preferences option which is followed by “Energy Saver” option.
- Have a check on the ‘Prevent automatic sleep when the display is off’ icon now. Well, if this is the case that there is no checkbox available, it is suggested to toggle the sleep slider towards the “Never” option.
- Users can now easily proceed to install maps on the memory card or on the Garmin GPS device.
- For this, just get connected to the Garmin unit with the computer
- Run the “MapInstall” application
- The next thing is to choose the “SD card” or simply the “Device” option.
- A green signal will appear on the device provided the system has enough space to adjust. Click either on “Continue or Customize option” when all of the installed map product on the computer will easily fit on the selected device.
- If the “Continue option” is selected then, all of the maps will get transferred to the device.
- If you have chosen the “Customize, only individual maps” that will be selected to be sent to your device. It is advised to select smaller segments by choosing the “Advanced/Partial Install”.
- When trying to load the map to an older Garmin unit or even via memory card reader over SD card, MapInstall will offer users only an option displayed as ‘Continue’. Users need to click on it to install the option.
- At last, tap the ‘Install’ icon and wait for the procedure to get it finished successfully.
- Disconnect the device when MapInstall has finished loading the maps.
So, here you are done with all the above steps
Get Connected to Garmin Technical Support Experts to Resolve Problems with Exceptional Solutions
We make our Garmin Support Number+1-888-593-4845 available to users to assist them with all possible solutions right at their desk. Back by skilled and competent professionals, we have always managed to deliver appropriate remedies to every issues occurring within concerned devices or applications. Connect with us anytime and get your issues fixed up.